SCMA Board of Directors
Bios and pictures of SCMA Board of Directors.
Expressions of Interest for SCMA Board of Directors are due April 1
On June 11, 2014, the Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA) will hold its 2014 Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Edmonton, Alberta. At this meeting, the members of the SCMA National Board of Directors will be elected and appointed.
The Nominating & Governance Committee is required to prepare a slate of Directors for confirmation by the membership at the AGM.
The Nominating & Governance Committee is now issuing a Call for Expression of Interest in serving on the SCMA National Board of Directors:
- Individuals interested in serving on the SCMA National Board of Directors must formally indicate their interest.
- There is one (1) position to be filled:
One Director (Elected Director) who is a member in good standing of the Association, to be elected from the membership.
- As per the current governance structure, the Elected Director serves for a term of up to three years.
On February 28, 2014, the SCMA Board of Directors approved a new fully appointed competency-based governance model as SCMA’s new governance structure. The Board also approved a two -year transition plan so that the new governance model will be in place as of 2016.
The new governance model will be brought to the membership for approval at the June 11, 2014 AGM. A new By-law will also be brought to the membership for approval at the same time. If the new governance model and By-law are approved by the membership, the term for the current Elected Director position will be limited to two years.
In the event that the new governance model and By-law are not approved by the membership, the term for the Elected Director would remain as a three year term.
As the vote on the governance model and By-law will take place at the AGM prior to the vote for the Elected Director, the length of the term will be confirmed prior to election.
- Nominations for this position must be formally submitted on the SCMA Call for Expression of Interest Forms #AD-33A (Word Document, 756 KB) and #AD-33B (Word Document, 756 KB).
- A bio sheet (Word Document, 45 KB) – including questions on your qualifications, SCMA priorities and the future of the profession – must also be completed and submitted along with a recent photo (jpeg, 300 dpi, head and shoulders shot, colour). This information will be distributed to the membership electronically and posted on the SCMA web site as part of the voting information package.
- Candidates are requested to read the duties and responsibilities (PDF, 142 KB) of an SCMA Board Director and be aware that there is an expectation that Board Directors will serve on Board Committees. Candidates must have the support of their employer to take up the position and agree to the time commitment involved by signing the attached Form #AD-33A.
- Inclusion on the slate of directors is subject to a successful third-party background check.
- Candidates are requested to indicate agreement to undergo the third-party background check by signing Form AD-#33A.
- In the event that the background check is unsuccessful, the relevant Provincial/Territorial Institute and the candidate would be informed.
- Submissions must be received no later than 4:30pm EDT, Tuesday, April 1, 2014.
- Election and confirmation of appointment for this position will be held at the AGM by the general membership.
A position on the National Board of Directors offers individuals an opportunity to contribute to the mission, vision and strategic goals of SCMA and to contribute to the advancement of the supply chain management profession. All Expressions of Interest will be held in strict confidence and will be confirmed upon receipt.